Where to Buy Plain White Liner Scraps for Patching?

Jun 8, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
When I opened the pool the other day I found that I have two tears in my liner. The're both above the water line where the liner is white. I'm having a heck of a time finding plain white liner material to patch. I called all the local pool shops, looked on ebay, and have been searching with google. The best I've found is a bulk pack of 3lbs of liner scraps in various patterns. The auction listing says that some of the scraps are on a white vinyl base and they can be glued with the printed side facing down. I would really rather not be gluing the print side! Also, I have no need for 3lbs of material. I only need two 10"x10" squares.

I have a fresh can of Boxer #100 waiting. Any help tracking down plain white vinyl would be greatly appreciated!

duraleigh said:
The back side of most liners should be white.
That's what I was hoping. I contacted one of the ebay sellers to ask if any of their patterned scraps were on white vinyl material so I could flip it over. Instead of answering my question he pointed me to one of his auctions that guarantees while vinyl but it also includes a bottle of glue. It costs five times what vinyl scraps go for. I told him I already have glue. His response was more or less "tough luck."

Would it be relatively safe to assume that any of these patterns are on white vinyl?

cdYEe4Kl.jpg

kbXevmjl.jpg

oKa9ypvl.jpg

duraleigh said:
A 10" x 10" patch is a BIG one.....are your tears really that big?
They're only about two inches long but I would like to have some extra left over. I figured 10"x10" was small. Most of patching scraps I've seen for sale are two or three times that size.

Isaac-1 said:
Perhaps one of those companies that offer custom printed logos on pool liners might be of some help, I suspect they print them on plain white material.
I haven't had much luck on this but I've only spent a few minute googling. A lot of the logos look to be pre-printed. One of the custom places uses pvc material. Maybe I haven't found the right one yet.

I finally found a local store willing to sell me a "page" out of their sample books.

harleysilo said:
Can you stop by a pool store and ask for a sample of out of date liner? Most have BOOKS of them......
Yea, I was surprised when I called store after store and no one was willing to part with a sample. I can't say I'm too surprised. The pool shops around here aren't exactly known for being helpful.

duraleigh said:
Any vinyl pool installer should have plenty of scraps. If not, send me an envelope with your name. address and postage on it and I'll send you some....it's white on the back.
Thanks for the generous offer! I'm good though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.