Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to Buy Plain White Liner Scraps for Patching?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to Buy Plain White Liner Scraps for Patching?

When I opened the pool the other day I found that I have two tears in my liner. The're both above the water line where the liner is white. I'm having a heck of a time finding plain white liner material to patch. I called all the local pool shops, looked on ebay, and have been searching with google. The best I've found is a bulk pack of 3lbs of liner scraps in various patterns. The auction listing says that some of the scraps are on a white vinyl base and they can be glued with the printed side facing down. I would really rather not be gluing the print side! Also, I have no need for 3lbs of material. I only need two 10"x10" squares.

I have a fresh can of Boxer #100 waiting. Any help tracking down plain white vinyl would be greatly appreciated!
    TFP Forum and the BBB Method Changed My Life!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Where to Buy Plain White Liner Scraps for Patching?

The back side of most liners should be white. A 10" x 10" patch is a BIG one.....are your tears really that big?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Perhaps one of those companies that offer custom printed logos on pool liners might be of some help, I suspect they print them on plain white material.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    The back side of most liners should be white.
    That's what I was hoping. I contacted one of the ebay sellers to ask if any of their patterned scraps were on white vinyl material so I could flip it over. Instead of answering my question he pointed me to one of his auctions that guarantees while vinyl but it also includes a bottle of glue. It costs five times what vinyl scraps go for. I told him I already have glue. His response was more or less "tough luck."

Would it be relatively safe to assume that any of these patterns are on white vinyl?

A 10" x 10" patch is a BIG one.....are your tears really that big?
    They're only about two inches long but I would like to have some extra left over. I figured 10"x10" was small. Most of patching scraps I've seen for sale are two or three times that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    Perhaps one of those companies that offer custom printed logos on pool liners might be of some help, I suspect they print them on plain white material.
    I haven't had much luck on this but I've only spent a few minute googling. A lot of the logos look to be pre-printed. One of the custom places uses pvc material. Maybe I haven't found the right one yet.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Any vinyl pool installer should have plenty of scraps. If not, send me an envelope with your name. address and postage on it and I'll send you some....it's white on the back.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you stop by a pool store and ask for a sample of out of date liner? Most have BOOKS of them......
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

7. Back To Top    #7

I finally found a local store willing to sell me a "page" out of their sample books.

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    Can you stop by a pool store and ask for a sample of out of date liner? Most have BOOKS of them......
    Yea, I was surprised when I called store after store and no one was willing to part with a sample. I can't say I'm too surprised. The pool shops around here aren't exactly known for being helpful.

Any vinyl pool installer should have plenty of scraps. If not, send me an envelope with your name. address and postage on it and I'll send you some....it's white on the back.
    Thanks for the generous offer! I'm good though.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I have a tear above the water level and need to patch it asap. Does using another piece of a liner really work to patch it? What type of glue do I use and how would I put it on?
    24 foot round above ground pool
    Hayward s166t sand filter

Pool newbie