Pump & Filter recommendation for 33' Sharkline Matrix

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
I'm looking into getting a 33'x54" Sharkline Matrix AGP, but from what I have been reading here on the forum it seems people are recommending a 2 speed pump and a larger filter than what is typically sold with the pool. I definitely like the idea of the lower cost of running the pump at a lower speed and using the higher speed for cleaning which really makes better sense to me and a larger filter for better filtration.

I was just hoping someone could recommend a good pump/filter combination for me. I believe the pool will be approx. 25,000 gallons and I would prefer to run it on 110 versus 220 power and using a sand filter. I don't mind paying a little bit more if it will do a better job filtering and be cheaper to run in the long run.

The pump and filter choices that they show packaged with the pool on poolsupplyworld.com are listed below but the pump is only a 1 speed and the filter seems smaller based on other recommendations I've seen;

Sand Filter & Pool Pump Combinations

Option 1;
Waterway 520-5200-6S ClearWater 16" Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump

Option 2;
Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19" Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump

What other pumps or filters would those with more experience in this area recommend?

Thanks,
Cruiser310
Possible Future Matrix Owner

Sure ... sorry for the delay ;)

Those options look WAY too small for filters.

For filters general recommendations for a 25k pool would be:
370 sqft cartridge
4.6 sqft sand (30" diameter)
70 sqft DE

You can use any small 3/4-1 HP 2-speed pump. The Matrix 1HP 2-speed would be a good option.

Don't limit yourself to a combo unit.

Thanks for the info Jason, I will definitely use those recommendations when I'm looking at pumps and filters.

The filter size seemed a little larger than I had anticipated based on the 19" that they were offering with the pool. I anticipated going larger but I hadn't even seen any 30" filters anywhere.

The pump recomendations were about what I was thinking, I just didn't know if the 1 hp would be enough if I added some solar heaters later but it sounds like it would work fine.

Thanks,
Cruisere310

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.