Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck Coating (Acrylic)

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Deck Coating (Acrylic)

I have a client that has this put on her concrete pool deck:

http://www.kelleytech.com/olympic/olymp ... oating.asp

It has lifted in several places and needs cleaning terribly.

Is there a way to "patch" it? That is: can I use the same coating over the fully cured original coating?

Also, what is the best way to clean it?
    Science and Math Teacher
    Owner - SPS - part time pool biz
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 23000 Gallons with Jacuzzi (the bane of my existance) pumpworks
    Polaris 280 w/ PB4 booster

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Deck Coating (Acrylic)

Anyone??
    Science and Math Teacher

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not know the answer to your question but how long did this stuff last? Does it not hold up well?
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

According to the web site:
    Q How long do your products last?
    A ZERON, 6-8 years; OPTILON, 2-3 years; HYDROLON, 1-2 years; PATIO TONES 3-4 years.

Why not just call them:
    If you have other questions not answered above, please call Kelley Technical Coatings at
    800-458-2842 and ask for Technical Support.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I think two years. The vast majority has held up. There are a couple of places (one is under the patio table/chairs that I think the rubbing of metal legs across the surface has damaged) where I believe the surface prep was lacking. One is a small walkway between a patio and the pool deck.

The homeowner has 6 gallons of material left over. I just need to know if I can re-coat over fully cured material, and the best way to clean the coated surface. There is a place under an oak tree that has sap splatter. I guess I will call the manufacturer....
    Science and Math Teacher

6. Back To Top    #6

I would say it is similar to garage floor expoxy coating. I would say it would need to be sanded or roughed up and it can be recoated....but it won't look as good as a single coat, unrepaired one.
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....