I have been following advice on this forum for a year or so. Thank you all for great help.
Most of the summer (southern hemisphere) I have been fighting green algae. I did shock the pool at least 5 times this season which is I think quite a lot. Each time I had almost no CC but had to keep shock levels for about a week to clean the water. Usually 2-3 weeks after treatment the pool got algae back. If I don't have the cleaner running (suction cleaner) I get green stuff on the walls and stairs which after brushing makes the pool cloudy. With the cleaner running the water just turns milky.
The thing is I have the water balanced all the time. PH is ok, FC usually too high even (I don't think it ever dropped below 5 this summer). The filter runs for 8h a day. The pool wasn't suitable to use more time that it was this season and I don't know how to get rid of algae permanently. Where does it come from?
how often do you shock your pools in season?