Intex 16'x48" Tips or Tricks

May 5, 2013
Hi Guys,
Newbie here. I am seriously considering buying an Intex 16'X48" pool and wanted to see if anyone had some tips, tricks, or hints for this pool. I was going to purchase a Gorilla Pool Pad for it as well, but I can't find the right size for it. What type of pad should I use w/ the 16x48? Do you suggest laying down some type of tarp as well? It will be installed in my backyard which is not landscaped. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

:-D

Welcome to tfp, halfnhalf0622 :wave:

Getting the site level by removing the high ground is the best way to install.

You can just use a large size gorilla pad. Gorilla pad is best where there is a chance of roots, and rocks pushing up on the pool. Some members have used extruded polystyrene foam under their intexs.

The cartridge filter/pump combo that comes with them is junk. You can get by with them if you keep you pool clean, but they will make for more work.

The intex is a great pool, 16x48 was my first too. Keep in mind the water level is about 42". You might consider the 54" wall height for a 48" water height. You can dig a little deep end, if memory serves me I did 10' diameter x 8" without issue. The intex liner doesnt really stretch much but the walls balloon a little at the bottom, I think thats where the extra fabric for the deep end comes from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.