Hayward vs Pentair wet end

37000g

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2013
Hi,

Any thoughts on durability, serviceability, repairability, efficiency, of the Hayward super pump verses a Pentair?

I have three years running experience with a hayward super pump 1.5 hp 1.1 SF (came with the house/pool from previous owner) now needs a motor rebuild or replacement. I changed the seal a couple of years back and that is all. I am leaning toward the Century V Green replacement pump for the alleged efficiency and additional timer (cleaner pump which I am now adding) and freeze protection built in. I would not be opposed to going one way or the other if the pentair or the super pump was significantly a better choice than the other. Unfortunately one is a round face motor and the other a square face and I am fantasizing that this bright shinny new V Green pump is going to outlast the wet end.....

Thanks,

bil

37000g liner.

Rarely do the wet-ends go bad. They all have seals that may eventually need to be replaced.

Hayward / Pentair are the 2 main brands, so they are very comparable.

I would certain go with 2-speed, whether you get just a motor or a full pump. If you get a motor, make sure it is NOT smaller than your impeller rating or you could burn up the motor ... or replace the impeller as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.