Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward vs Pentair wet end

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward vs Pentair wet end

Any thoughts on durability, serviceability, repairability, efficiency, of the Hayward super pump verses a Pentair?

I have three years running experience with a hayward super pump 1.5 hp 1.1 SF (came with the house/pool from previous owner) now needs a motor rebuild or replacement. I changed the seal a couple of years back and that is all. I am leaning toward the Century V Green replacement pump for the alleged efficiency and additional timer (cleaner pump which I am now adding) and freeze protection built in. I would not be opposed to going one way or the other if the pentair or the super pump was significantly a better choice than the other. Unfortunately one is a round face motor and the other a square face and I am fantasizing that this bright shinny new V Green pump is going to outlast the wet end.....

37000g liner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Hayward vs Pentair wet end

Rarely do the wet-ends go bad. They all have seals that may eventually need to be replaced.

Hayward / Pentair are the 2 main brands, so they are very comparable.

I would certain go with 2-speed, whether you get just a motor or a full pump. If you get a motor, make sure it is NOT smaller than your impeller rating or you could burn up the motor ... or replace the impeller as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!