Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
DIY feeder in another thread. It feeds 32 oz. during 4.5 hour pump cycle (2PM-6:30PM), is this normal (CYA 45):

2PM: FC = 4.0, CC = 0
6:30PM: FC = 5.0, CC = .75

Same each day for 3 days, although CC was .25-.5 at 2PM 2 of the days. I'm happy FC isn't going below 4, but wonder if "random" CC is normal.

Thanks. So far very happy with my Clorox "feeder". Down exactly 6 quarts in 6 days, readings just keep going from 4.0 to 5.0-5.5 each day. Only thing I have to do is add acid maybe every 3rd day to keep pH in check. I seldom get those CC=0 readings, normally is probably .25-.5. No worries unless my needle valve gets plugged and I don't notice it for a few days because I get too over confident in the automated system (forgetting to check FC). I'm thinking checking FC and pH with test strips is probably a good fast way to go daily, and using the Test kit maybe weekly.

Well, I've been testing with kit AND test strips for a few days, and I find as long as FC is below 5, the test strips are close. pH seems to read lower than the kit. I figure if I use the kit once a week I'll be fine. I only really want to use the strips to make sure I have some FC, if it shows very low, I'd retest with the kit.

I don't disagree, I just have 50 strips from the previous owner, so I thought I'd use them up. I doubt if I'd pay money for them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.