New Automatic Cleaner

Jun 28, 2011
Need Help

I used to have a Polaris 360 for sometime after i bought the house. I used for about 1 year and it just stopped working and tried to get it fixed but it will cost more. I wanted to just buy another automatic pool cleaner. I went to the pool store yesterday and asked them for a replacement machine for the Polaris 360 and they said that since there is a suction side machine and there is no other machine that you can buy only the Polaris 360 or have to buy a robotic machine instead.

I have oval shape pool with about 6 feet as the deepest side of the pool. We do have a lot of problems with dust and leaves that is main reason that I would like an automatic pool cleaner. I am willing to spend about $500 bucks on a machine on the expectation that he will last some time and that it will be saving me some time keeping the pool.

DO you guys have any recommendations??? something within a budget, or just have to spend the money on a robotic?

Thanks

vickp85 said:
Need Help

I used to have a Polaris 360 for sometime after i bought the house. I used for about 1 year and it just stopped working and tried to get it fixed but it will cost more. I wanted to just buy another automatic pool cleaner. I went to the pool store yesterday and asked them for a replacement machine for the Polaris 360 and they said that since there is a suction side machine and there is no other machine that you can buy only the Polaris 360 or have to buy a robotic machine instead.

I have oval shape pool with about 6 feet as the deepest side of the pool. We do have a lot of problems with dust and leaves that is main reason that I would like an automatic pool cleaner. I am willing to spend about $500 bucks on a machine on the expectation that he will last some time and that it will be saving me some time keeping the pool.

DO you guys have any recommendations??? something within a budget, or just have to spend the money on a robotic?

Thanks
That doesn't make sense. The 360 is a pressure side cleaner. If you have a booster pump then you will need a pressure side cleaner. You can get another 360 for under $500 or the Polaris 280 for under $500 as well. If you want to catch the dirt I recommend the sand and silt bag which the model number is K14. I have a 280 and have not had an issue w/ it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jkurl said:
vickp85 said:
Need Help

Thanks
That doesn't make sense. The 360 is a pressure side cleaner. If you have a booster pump then you will need a pressure side cleaner. You can get another 360 for under $500 or the Polaris 280 for under $500 as well. If you want to catch the dirt I recommend the sand and silt bag which the model number is K14. I have a 280 and have not had an issue w/ it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No I don't have a booster pump attached. It did not make sense when the pool store told me there is no other machine that could do what the 360 did. They asked if I had more than 1 skimmer becuase if I did then i could use a Baracuda.

The whole topic of automatic cleaners confuse me.

There are two other pressure side cleaners that I know of that will fit the 1 1/2" threaded wall fitting of the Polaris 360. One is the poolvergnuegen Pressure POOLCLEANER and the other is Kreepy Krauly Letro Legend II by Pentair. Neither require a booster pump. I would think you can fix the Polaris 360 yourself as there are only a few reasons it stops moving - the belts & the bearings are the usual suspects. I am going to say you can spend less $500 to get it moving again - way less. What exactly is it doing or is it just "dead in the water?"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.