CYA Back Under Control and Getting Started for First Season

Apr 9, 2012
We installed our pool last year and only had it open for a partial season. Just got done replacing about half the water to bring my CYA level down from 100 to around 50. Just tested the water and my Chlorine levels are now very low due to the water replacement, almost no pink on the TC test and it only took 1 drop to turn it back to clear.

My question is this, how would you recommend bringing up Chlorine levels now that CYA is under control? I am located in Omaha, NE and our water temperature is only at 49 degrees. We do have a SWG but it is showing STATUS Com Link Error and Water Salt Level COLD on my Mobile Touch Remote. I have 3" Disks and Granules. Should I go with 3-4 Tablets in each of my 2 skimmers, or Shock with the Granules and then try to maintain the Chlorine level after that? I don't think the SWG will be useful until our water temperatures raise at least 15 - 20 degrees.

Re: CYA Back Under Control and Getting Started for First Sea

You should not use the pucks since they will add more CYA, although you are a little under the recommendation for a SWG.

Safest would be to use liquid chlorine.

Or track how much CYA each puck is adding.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.