Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: polaris not staying underwater

1. Back To Top    #1

polaris not staying underwater

Got a brand new Polaris but it's popping up and swinging its tail around and squirting the windows which is annoying Mrs. CAF. Any idea how do encourage the little guy to stay down?

Thanks,

CAF

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: polaris not staying underwater

Nope. That's what they do. But you can carefully adjust the one jet on the back in an attempt to get it to stay down. Let me know if you get it to happen. You won't however
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe take of the tail and see if it cleans to your satisfaction?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

Does it have a float? You may want to adjust the float forward or backward to see if that affects it. I also had to take some weights off the tail of my Polaris. Apparently I had added a few every so often, thinking that would help it stay down but not realizing that when the tail is weighed down, the nose points up, so up it goes.

There is a part you can add to the tail that keeps it from flipping out of the water and spraying windows and bystanders. Heavy blue thing, forgot the name. If you add that, take a few weights off to compensate.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

I adjusted the float and also there was a hex screw that maybe sets the amount of water coming thru the tail so I tightened that a bit. All seems good now. Thanks.