Slight Heater Leak on Statup

jonmar

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2009
Just opened my pool this weekend and got everything ready to go. Water temp was 52 and turned the heater on. I noticed the first half hour or so there was water leaking from the bottom of the heater. Could this be condensation? Is it a big deal? The heater has been going for about 20 hours and has not dripped apart from that first half hour. I'm a bit paranoid since I had to replace a 3 year old heater last summer. This one might have been operational now for 2 months.

I did the glass with ice test and no condensation. Any other ideas what the issue could have been? Is it bad news if you ever see the exhaust cloud on startup?

ps0303 said:
jonmar said:
I did the glass with ice test and no condensation. Any other ideas what the issue could have been? Is it bad news if you ever see the exhaust cloud on startup?

Maybe, but what heater is it that you have?
I've got a Hayward H 250 Lo Nox. There haven't been any drips or drops since I first posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.