Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slight Heater Leak on Statup

1. Back To Top    #1

Slight Heater Leak on Statup

Just opened my pool this weekend and got everything ready to go. Water temp was 52 and turned the heater on. I noticed the first half hour or so there was water leaking from the bottom of the heater. Could this be condensation? Is it a big deal? The heater has been going for about 20 hours and has not dripped apart from that first half hour. I'm a bit paranoid since I had to replace a 3 year old heater last summer. This one might have been operational now for 2 months.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slight Heater Leak on Statup

It could very well be condensation. Is it humid where you are? Does a glass of ice water start sweating if it's not in the sun?

I recall some warnings about it in this recent thread: extending-the-range-of-my-heater-so-it-controls-down-to-50f-t55157.html?hilit=condensation
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I did the glass with ice test and no condensation. Any other ideas what the issue could have been? Is it bad news if you ever see the exhaust cloud on startup?
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jonmar
    I did the glass with ice test and no condensation. Any other ideas what the issue could have been? Is it bad news if you ever see the exhaust cloud on startup?
    Maybe, but what heater is it that you have?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmar
    Maybe, but what heater is it that you have?
    I've got a Hayward H 250 Lo Nox. There haven't been any drips or drops since I first posted.