Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: algae infested water on grass

1. Back To Top    #1

Orillia, ontario, canada

algae infested water on grass

I have a neighbor that has a algae infested pool, it's actually black. He's vacuuming up the water and pouring it on his grass, and some of the water is running onto my grass. Is there any harm to my grass? My grass is already %50 weeds, and I'm trying to plant new grass. There is a fence that separates our properties.

It's a constant problem with the neighbor and he refuses to listen to my recommendation to fix his pool.. He doesn't even have a working pump.

Approx 74,000 liter inground vinyl pool 12x32, laser 225 sand filter, Hayward 2 speed pump + old pool heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: algae infested water on grass

Since you say he is pouring it onto his grass, I would ask how his grass looks. If his grass looks poor, your grass may end up looking that way too.

Algae shouldn't hurt grass. Not sure what other chemicals are in his water though.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: algae infested water on grass

What he is doing can be considered water trespass and you could actually pursue legal action against him.