My pool thus far!!

Apr 22, 2013
-First off thanks for all the help. This forum is wonderful and the people on this forum seem to be the nicest forum people i have ever seen!

-Got my pool up today with pavers under each leg. I used a laser level.

-Filling pool now.

-I have everything hooked up. Sand pump (1600) and SWG system with coppper unplugged. Seems to be the smart thing to do. Don't really understand why intex would even have the copper in there.

-At this point i have read so much and I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed. Tomorrow when the pool is filled I will do the pump operation per instruction manual. Once i have the pump running correctly I will add my salt. My question is: should i add any bleach or stabilizer to the water since it is getting going for the first time?

-I have the intex ultra 20x52

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    167 KB · Views: 385
Sound like you are on top of your project!

thedarktitan said:
My question is: should i add any bleach or stabilizer to the water since it is getting going for the first time?
Both. Add enough bleach to get up to ~3 ppm FC then add enough cya to an old sock to get to ~30 ppm and put it in front of the return.

Do you have an appropriate test kit?

Some of the better drop based test kits sold at Wal-Mart are good enough to manage a seasonal pool that you plan to drain at the end of the season IF, and it is a BIG IF, If you carefully measure and keep track of what you add in and IF you stay on top of it and nothing goes wrong. However we generally suggest getting one of the suggested test kits, like the TF-100 (or at least the TF-50) available in the link in my signature.

Ike

thedarktitan said:
-I have everything hooked up. Sand pump (1600) and SWG system with coppper unplugged. Seems to be the smart thing to do. Don't really understand why intex would even have the copper in there.

Some places add copper into the mix because it inhibits the growth of algae to a degree. You'll find copper in almost all mineral systems and in chlorination tablets that are made by HTH/Pace. Here at TFP though, we know the damage that copper can do and we also know how to avoid algae without it (by proper chlorination). So, what you are doing is correct. :goodjob:

Am i doing something wrong?

-the pool is above the lower inlet, but not the outlet. I figured i could go ahead and start backwashing. I do exactly as the manual states but nothing is happening. The pump is on but it is not sucking any water in??? Am i suppose to let water be above both inlet and outlet? Am i supposed to take the cap off of the drain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.