Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool thus far!!

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool thus far!!

-First off thanks for all the help. This forum is wonderful and the people on this forum seem to be the nicest forum people i have ever seen!

-Got my pool up today with pavers under each leg. I used a laser level.

-Filling pool now.

-I have everything hooked up. Sand pump (1600) and SWG system with coppper unplugged. Seems to be the smart thing to do. Don't really understand why intex would even have the copper in there.

-At this point i have read so much and I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed. Tomorrow when the pool is filled I will do the pump operation per instruction manual. Once i have the pump running correctly I will add my salt. My question is: should i add any bleach or stabilizer to the water since it is getting going for the first time?

-I have the intex ultra 20x52

Thanks again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24x54 Saltwater 8000 (thepoolfactory), Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1.5Hp 1-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, AquaBot Pura 4X

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool thus far!!

Sound like you are on top of your project!

Quote Originally Posted by thedarktitan
    My question is: should i add any bleach or stabilizer to the water since it is getting going for the first time?
    Both. Add enough bleach to get up to ~3 ppm FC then add enough cya to an old sock to get to ~30 ppm and put it in front of the return.

Do you have an appropriate test kit?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

No. I was going to go pick up one at walmart when I get my bleach and stabilizer.
    24x54 Saltwater 8000 (thepoolfactory), Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1.5Hp 1-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, AquaBot Pura 4X

4. Back To Top    #4

Some of the better drop based test kits sold at Wal-Mart are good enough to manage a seasonal pool that you plan to drain at the end of the season IF, and it is a BIG IF, If you carefully measure and keep track of what you add in and IF you stay on top of it and nothing goes wrong. However we generally suggest getting one of the suggested test kits, like the TF-100 (or at least the TF-50) available in the link in my signature.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by thedarktitan
    -I have everything hooked up. Sand pump (1600) and SWG system with coppper unplugged. Seems to be the smart thing to do. Don't really understand why intex would even have the copper in there.
    Some places add copper into the mix because it inhibits the growth of algae to a degree. You'll find copper in almost all mineral systems and in chlorination tablets that are made by HTH/Pace. Here at TFP though, we know the damage that copper can do and we also know how to avoid algae without it (by proper chlorination). So, what you are doing is correct.

6. Back To Top    #6

Am i doing something wrong?

-the pool is above the lower inlet, but not the outlet. I figured i could go ahead and start backwashing. I do exactly as the manual states but nothing is happening. The pump is on but it is not sucking any water in??? Am i suppose to let water be above both inlet and outlet? Am i supposed to take the cap off of the drain?

7. Back To Top    #7

Nevermind I figured it out. The only issue I'm having now is the inlet that shoots water out is leaking. Although its leaking on the inside of the pool should it be a problem?

8. Back To Top    #8

Our outlet has a minor "jet" from the threads too. It seems like the threads do not seat/seal very well and there's enough pressure to cause the water to seek alternate means of escape.