Photo request - Inground Pool mid yard surrounded by fence

MassNerd

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2013
Central Massachusetts
Hi,
We're planning our pool now. We have a large yard and think we'd prefer to have the pool away from the house by 50-75ft. Mainly because we use the sliding door and deck in the back a lot and want direct access to the yard without having to go through the fence. I also like to setup a canopy directly behind the house and entertain on the deck and lawn.

So the thought is the pool should be "standalone" and separated from the house, with stamped concrete deck/patio around it, room for a table and lounge chairs and completely fenced in. I think some grass (And maybe landscaping) separating the deck from the fence would be nice.

I'd really like to see photos of people with a similar setup, so I can steal your design ideas ;)
Anyone have such a pool and could you post photos from a couple different angles?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Photo request - Inground Pool mid yard surrounded by fen

4knights said:
Take a look at the slide show on the top of the home page. Should find some great ideas there.
Thank you 4knights. I did have a look at that before posting and did find a couple examples of what I'm looking for, but was hoping there were more out there that hadn't posted in the slideshow thread.

harleysilo said:
I have a similar setup to what you desire. Mine is not sealed off via fence from rest of yard but it is 50'+ away from back door. Search for my build thread... Post the link in a min....

decided-to-build-first-pool-this-spring-t41345.html?hilit=Build%20pool

Hi HarleySilo, Great pool! Its coming along nice. The fence surrounding the pool is one of my biggest concerns. I can't fence the entire back yard (because its 180' x 220'), so I'd like to keep the fence somewhat close to the pool to not invade too much of the open back yard. However I don't want to fence too close to the pool and make it feel cramped in there. Its that balance of pool space versus yard space I'm really struggling with.

So if anyone has photos of such a setup, please share!

And we love it it is a giant slip n slide and trampoline for the kids and adults.... Just wondering what youare trying to accomplish with fence....

Not sure what you want your fencing to look like- we are in the country so we didn't want aluminum or wood fence.
Our backyard is 300x195, the pool sits 45ft from the house and we didn't want to fence the entire yard either. We used combination(hog/cow panels) to fence from the house out around the pool and back. (half the backyard) panels are 16ft long and 5ft tall. They were only$20.00 each.
My IPad won't post pictures until I buy the tapatalk app. Will post some pics soon.

Interesting our insurance just requires that the pool be in a fenced in yard. Code required door chimes and fenced in yard. The big question is what happens when they climb the fence?

So the key point about our preference is we don't want a fenced in yard. You are right that insurance just requires a fence. It doesn't matter if it's around the pool or the yard.

We want unrestricted access from our back deck to the side yards and even some yard space between the pool and the house.

So I really am interested in seeing pools that are "stand alone" including fencing. It seems we are unusual it wanting this arrangement.

Good point about climbing over. While our kids are obedient and can swim, the only true way to protect the pool is with a safety cover.

4knights, definitely looking forward to photos of your pool area. Sounds like it could be similar to what we want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

harleysilo said:
Interesting our insurance just requires that the pool be in a fenced in yard. Code required door chimes and fenced in yard. The big question is what happens when they climb the fence?
I asked both the county attorney and the insurance company the same question. Both said, "do you have a No Tresspassing sign on the fence- anywhere?" I said yes on the very back portion near a nosey neighbor. The Attorney said that's all I needed. The Insurance company said I needed a No Diving sign posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.