Confusing wiring on Jandy APure35

eth72

May 4, 2013
Hi all, desperate for help... We just bought the Jandy AquaPure Ei series to replace an old Resillience one. The old one connected to the circuit panel/timer with a black and white wire along with a green one.... Easy enough...This new one has 3 screw in terminals, two of them red, one black, and a blue wire on its own... Im stumped on this one, I bought this 120/240 model vs the plug in one so I can wire it directly like the previous one...Coming out of the timer/panel are simply two red wires with an area for the ground wires to screw on... Any thoughts much appreciated!
Scott in FL

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am having trouble picturing what you are describing. Sounds like your old motor was a 120V motor. And maybe the new motor is currently setup for 240V? If you can add a few pictures of the terminals and the wiring diagram on the side of the motor, someone will likely be able to help.

Thanks so much for the welcome and response! Turns out I'm a total newbie and feel pretty silly... The unit actually doesn't include wiring, much like a new stove or washing machine-you need to supply your own. The wiring with 4 connectors are to connect to the cell terminals up top... Good thing I didn't cut off the ends! I reused the wiring connectors from the old unit and it works like a charm. Once again, I feel pretty silly for not reading between the lines but maybe it'll help someone else down the line! :)
Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.