ic60/water temp question

tltmom

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Urbana, IL
I have been reading posts but couldn't find an answer to my exact questions:

The weather here has been variable, to say the least. Pool water temp is right around 60. Was warmer than that a few days ago, so I turned on my ic60. From my reading, I see that the swg probably won't work well below 60.

-I test once or twice daily, so I can add LQ Cl as needed if the cell isn't making Cl, but I was wondering if running the swg at lower temps will damage the swg in any way? I am assuming it will quit trying to produce Cl before it damages itself and the red low temp light will come on?

-when the cell is functioning near the low end of its temp tolerances, does it still produce the amount of Cl you've programmed it for, or less?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Running the SWG near the edge of it's acceptable temperature range does use up it's lifetime just slightly more quickly than running it at normal water temperatures. That model will compensate for the temperature and produce the same amount of chlorine as usual down to some temperature near it's lower limit, and then in a narrow range right near the limit it will produce less chlorine than normal, and finally as the temperature continues to go down it will turn it's self off to prevent any serious damage from occurring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.