Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where do you buy Equipment pads ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where do you buy Equipment pads ?

I need a new pad for my BBQ unit and thought this might work. I don't have time to pour concrete before the unit is delivered. I looked at local Lowes and Home depot. No joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vegas_DP
    14,500 inground gunite
    7' connected spa with overflow waterfall
    Goldline salt water chlorine generator
    Hayward 4 cartridge filter
    Hayward 400K heater
    Completed January 07

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm guessing, but you might try a stone yard.

How big is the grill? If you have to put it on your existing deck while you wait to pour concrete, just make sure you get a nice large spill pad.

I had mine poured and then painted it to match the deck. I went pretty large because I plan on replacing this pit with a larger one.

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    The dang thing is 86" long. I just want it somewhat level until I can get to concrete. That may not be until fall/winter. It gets to hot here to mess with that during the summer.
    14,500 inground gunite
    7' connected spa with overflow waterfall
    Goldline salt water chlorine generator
    Hayward 4 cartridge filter
    Hayward 400K heater
    Completed January 07

4. Back To Top    #4
    86" - that's a nice size. What are you getting?

I was fortunate. We still have a lot of construction going on in my area. I was able to grab a crew who was working on a neighbors driveway; otherwise, they would not have come out for such a small job.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a couple of 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 2" concrete pads that I dug up in the yard. I layed them into the yard and they look like they were poured in there. You could probably pick something like that up at a landscape supply yard.

I know for sure that they sell plastic equipment pads (for air conditioners) at the Home Depot and such. They are 2 x 2 as well and would work pretty well for a temporary situation. They don't cost a lot either.
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

6. Back To Top    #6

A landscape supply yard would have them. Someplace that sells heating and cooling may have them, or be able to tell you where to get one. Another idea is someplace that sells like unilock pavers .
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2