Another new pool owner!

I also wanted to ask with me working 8-5 monday thru friday should i wait til weekends to shock? I know you gotta test very often during the process and liquid chlorine is best used in early morning or evening. I just didnt wanna be up at 3-4 in the am. My wife would have a fit lol.

With a swamp you'll lose more to the algae than the sun, once it starts coming around then the sun will get more of the chlorine. At about that time you want your CYA to be near your final point so it protects your chlorine.

Ok im still stumped lol. I added 2 gallons of 12.5 liquid chlorine, waited an hour and it went from .5 fc to 3. CC was 2. So i added 2 lbs cal hypo about 2 hrs later and tested an hour after FC was 5, CC was 1.5. Came home at 5:00 and tested it was FC .5 and CC .5. Im just not sure why im adding 2-3 gallons and im only getting no more than 5ppm jumps. Im not losing any more than 1ppm overnight and my CC seems to drop as well

Fill to 10 ml line for .5 ppm. Add 2 scoops of dpd powder. Add 0871 drop wise until clear. Multiply number by .5
Then i add 5 drops of R-0003 then add 0871 again until clear and multiply number by .5. Just tested right before the rain started 10 mins ago and im at 16ppm fc and .5 cc. I am swirling in between each drop also.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.