Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owner with strange filter question.

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool owner with strange filter question.

We moved to the Plano, TX area and bought a house last year with a pool neither of us have even owned an in ground pool so we are clueless.
    Here is the issue.
    The outside of our filter says System3 but the information on the other side where it talks about parts and model/serial #s is for the System2.
    I pulled the manuals up online and it seems that our System3 filter is running using a System2 filter module. Im just confused... any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    approx 15k gal, IG plaster, Cartridge Sta-Rite System3 model #PLM150, 150sq ft filter cartridge, 150GPM max flow rate. Not sure of pump information, pool built approx. 2001, Zodiac pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool owner with strange filter question.

Welcome to TFP!!!

That is curious, can you provide a picture of the entire filter ... could just be that one of the stickers is wrong.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not have an actual picture of our filter but after looking at the manual covers for both our is definitely the System 2 (attached) the System 3 is more round than ours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    approx 15k gal, IG plaster, Cartridge Sta-Rite System3 model #PLM150, 150sq ft filter cartridge, 150GPM max flow rate. Not sure of pump information, pool built approx. 2001, Zodiac pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

That is what I was thinking as well ... just the wrong label.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you!!! It makes more sense since it appears the System3 has 2 filter mosdules and ours only has one.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the System3 and yes it looks like the first attachment. Much more rounded than the System2. And yes the "3" uses two filters- a large round outer ring and a skinnier round inner ring or tubelike filter.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

Just wanted to Thank you all for the help. You were correct. It is the Sta-Rite 2 with a Sta-Rite 3 label.

8. Back To Top    #8

A year and a day later, I wanted to add to this thread. You are not alone, reandjoe. Here is my "System 3":

Definitely a System 2 shape, right?

Here's the label!
    19000 gallon IG installed in 2003, owned by me since 2010, vinyl liner, 18x36, Sta-Rite PLM-150 cartridge filter, 1hp AOSmith motor on <brand unknown> pump, automatic cover, BBB since August 2011