Questions for Post Shock pool use

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,
2 questions at the bottom, but first setting the scene!

my 3rd season using BBB and I have a TF100 to glorious results
Just opened the Pool Wednesday! read a FC 5.5, CC of 1.0 PH 7.2 TA 90 CH 230 CYA 30 so I shocked (30 CYA, so went to 12 on the pool school chart)

lost no Chlorine overnight and CC was 0.0 Come home from Work Thursday the FC was 8.0 CC 1.5
which surprised me! water is looking nice, not cloudy etc...

so brought it up again last night to 12.0 and CC went to 0
woke up the FC was 11 and CC was 0.5 so I add another 1/4 of the 182 oz bottle to take it over 12 while I was gone to work.

I had passed an OCLT and thought I would be in the clear since the water looked about as good as it always does
My wife is watching this afternoon and she did a reading 11 and topped off again

CYA is subjective but I am reasonably sure It is not higher (or higher by more than a few points) than the 30 I read

If I have a good OCLT Saturday morning at what point do you let the kids in the pool given the FC level? does it need to come down first?

Thanks
Dan

It is safe to swim when the FC > minimum and < shock value for your CYA.

In reality, it is "safe" even if FC > shock value within reason and your water is already clear and you have basically no CC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.