CYA Differentials, Mine vs. Pool Stoe

bxcrwlly

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 3, 2012
Central Florida
Have been trying to get my CYA up to 70-75. Tested last week using my Taylor K2006. Dot disappeared around 50ppm. Before adding additional stabilizer, decided to take a water sample to pool store. They tested CYA at 100ppm. When performing my K2006 test, I wait for water temperature in sample bottle to equalize with room/outside temperature before completing test. I'm using a fresh reagent. I don't get why the wide span differential? So now, not sure whether to drain water or simply trust my K2006 reading and add stabilizer to bring up to 70-75ppm.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Trust your own testing. The CYA test is the test the pool stores get wrong almost all the time. They get the most wildly incorrect readings sometimes. I've had them test tap water and say there was CYA in it. I've also had them test water I knew CYA was in and had them say there was zero.

Again, trust your own testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.