Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AQUARITE SWG LIGHTS ON NOT PRODUCING CHLORINE

1. Back To Top    #1

AQUARITE SWG LIGHTS ON NOT PRODUCING CHLORINE

Looking for help my Aquarite generator has a slightly different problem. I turn mine on and the power and the generating lite stay on. When it first starts up these are my readings:
    87p
    al-1
    r1.33

After 10-15 min, power and generating lite still on but these are my readings:
    87p
    al-1
    r1.33

I tested my salt level with a LaMotte pocket tester and it is at 3000ppm
    pool company tested salt at 3300
    Is the water temp too cold to produce??

Any ideas?? Is it still maybe the black disk?? Thankyou for any help you may be able to lend
    New salt cell 2 years ago but same circuit board from 2005

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AQUARITE SWG LIGHTS ON NOT PRODUCING CHLORINE

bump

3. Back To Top    #3

I just purchased an AquaRite controller, so I won't be of much help. I am curious though, what about these readings lead you to believe it isn't generating chlorine? It seems to me that if those two lights are on it is working.
    20 x 45 ft Roman Lazy L, 28k Gallons, Vinyl, Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter (600 lb), 1.5 HP pump + Booster pump for Polaris 280, Hayward Gas Heater H300, Hayward T-15 SWCG w/ AquaRite digital controller

4. Back To Top    #4

The amps will be zero when the cell is not generating which is normal. If you have it set to 50%, it is only generating for half the time.

If you are not getting a FC reading in the pool, then likely there is a chemistry problem.

Although if that second number is the temperature, then it may just be too cold.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

The second number is the temp. When the fourth number goes to zero, that means it is not generating chlorine. Like I said when I turn it on all is good for about 15 min then the 4th number drops to zero. This happens even if I have the dial to 100% or I move the button to super chlorinate. I'm hoping it is the temp is too cold. From Mass so hoping it starts to warm up. Water was 60 deg yesterday. Any other thoughts on what to look for? How about the current limiter? Would that have anything to do with this problem? Thx for your replies

6. Back To Top    #6

AquaRite units tend to shutdown at cold temperatures, typically around 60 degrees, though it varies from unit to unit. They turn on for a little while to see if the temperature reading changes, and then give up when it remains cold.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

I this how it shuts down showing zero amperage but with the power and generating lite still on??? Pool still cold haven't tried the generator in a few days.