Deck-O-Shield, StoneTech Professional Salt Water Resistant

Jun 20, 2012
I want to convert to SWCG but first need to consider my coping. It's Lueders Stone a hard/dense limestone from the Lueders Basin west of DFW. Does anyone know if it's hard enough to resist spalling from salt water splashout?

If not I've been looking at sealers and have it narrowed down to Deck-O-Shield and Dupont StoneTech Professional Salt Water Resistant Sealer. I have seen one report of a PB experiencing damage to coping after using the Dupont product so am shy on that. I'm looking for success stories with Deck-O-Shield or Dupont StoneTech Professional Salt Water Resistant Sealer. Or if there is another sealer that you've had success with I'd like to hear about your experience.

By the way I also have SunDek and have not heard anything that indicates I need to seal it, so if that's not correct please let me know.

Re: Deck-O-Shield, StoneTech Professional Salt Water Resista

I can't wait to seal my coping with Dupont Stone-Tech Salt Water Resistant Sealer, but the $@##@@(&^% weather hasn't cooperated with me for the last few weeks...This is the one my PB recommends.

As soon as I can I will post an application review of the sealer (obviously long-term updates come later as to the effectiveness)...

Best,

Sciz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.