Super large Pebble tec residential Robotic pool cleaner

dkoop

Jul 3, 2011
I have a 65,000 gal "L" shaped pool. It is about 65'L x 35'w x 8'D the deep end being in the Paw of the dog leg. the finish on the pool is pebble tec and it currently has a navigator that is just not cutting it. I am thinking of replacing it with a Robotic cleaner.

Are there any issues with these cleaners on a pebble tec finish?

Any recommendations on makes? I have been leaning toward a dolphin but would like to hear from people with a tiger shark and what kind of service and longevity should I expect. Also how long do you think it should be left in the pool and how often?

Caddy and remote are a must.

Thanks
Dan

Just stay away from the barracuda suction powered cleaners....there have been several reports of those not being nice to pebble tech. In your case, I'd recommend a dolphin robotic....aquabot would also likely work....the high quality robotic cleaners usually have a choice of brushes....just call the manufacturer and ask which brushes have been tested against pebble tech for the particular model robot you are purchasing. Usually there will also be a brochure that you can download with pictures of the various brush choices...you should quickly be able to get some confidence that you are making the right order.

To clean 65k with a robot, you have to get one of the smaller commercial ones. Probably $1500 and up. Anything less and it will have to run many, many hours daily to keep up. My pool is 42k by comparison and the $1000 - $1400 robots are BARELY adequate.

I have only had my Aquabot for two weeks, but no problem on my pebble tech finish. One of the reasons I went with Aquabot instead of Dolphin was because I have a pebble tech finish. The Aquabot has two small water jets that are supposed to dislodge stubborn dirt. It seems to be working. I get a lot of dirt out of the pool when it's done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.