SWG and Aluminum Pool

dinom

Feb 16, 2013
Worcester, MA Suburb
Hi.

Sorry to start another thread on this topic, but most of the threads I found involved "steel" pools, not aluminum ones, like mine. I have a brand new 24' aluminum Premier Collisium pool (formerly Esther Williams). It is 100% aluminum - walls, extruded rails and plates.

Can I use a SWG system safetly with my pool? The warranty actually calls out "steel" pools specifically, but does not mention aluminum. Here is a quote from the warranty sheet:

"The present warranty does not cover the following:
f) Damages caused by the utilisation of a salt water chlorination system in combination with a steel pool structure (top ledges, uprights, joiner plates, wall channels)."

What do you think? I also have an AquaComfort heat pump, but that uses a titanium exchanger, so should be OK.

Thanks,
Dino

There are very few problems with steel pools and an swcg, so and all aluminum pool should fair much better. If you're concerned about the warranty, I'd call or email them and ask that specific question and see what they have to say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.