Full Equipment Replacement and Adding Solar Questions

jborders5 said:
Thanks, I appreciate all the input. I just picked up an Auquabot Breeze 4WD and I'm not 100 % happy with it, but the Polaris 280 we had prior spent more time stuck on our steps than cleaning the pool. I have another week to decide whether or not to keep the Breeze. The pool upgrade is part of a full kitchen, three bath and 100 % flooring replacement throughout the house renovation project. I'm so far over budget right now I'm just pushing forward and will beg for forgiveness when the bills come in..... I'm lucky that I work out of the house so I get the opportunity spend a little more time watching over the pool. I was going to go SWG, but BBB with liquid is just too easy to justify the initial investment.

Since the budget is tightening, buy a new 280. On the booster pump replace the o- ring, ceramic seal, and impeller. All less than $30. But even with a new 280 you will need to tweak it initially to adress any issues. I have a LOT of trees around my pool and only run the 280 one hour a day.

Getting closer... I should have the last return valve to the pool and old spa done tomorrow. After that is the power, solar control and finish painting the PVC.

photo14al.jpg

photo24rl.jpg

I left room in front of the filter for a booster pump if I or the next owner needs it.

photo32qf.jpg

Looking good, do let us know how the final part of the install goes, I still have not finished touching up the paint on the joints for my PVC, I really better get it done before the hot weather hits, I don't want to be up on the roof in the summer.

Finally up and running over the weekend. Had a scare when the screen on the VS pump wasn't readable when I first powered it up, but it's been fine the last three days. Quick question... Any idea why I'm getting DE through the returns on start up after I remove the Pump strainer cover? It's fine on a normal start up when the pump is primed and sealed, but it happens for 10 - 15 seconds if I open the suction side up. I'm getting very fine (champagne) like bubbles in the strainer basket and have been trying to trouble shoot it. I've had the 3 way valve and union apart multiple times and still have them.

We'll I guess maybe I don't have a suction side leak that took most of my day away... I don't think I ever fully primed the pump as I lowered the max RPMs due to the single 1.5" pool suction line shared with the main drain and skimmer. The basket was always 95% full, but there was always a pocket of air on the top. I decided to open the spa drain and pool drain and raise the max RPM up to 3,000 and the basket was 100% full of water within a few minutes. All of the small annoying bubbles out of a couple of the return are gone. I do have a very small amount of air back in the lid now that I'm back down to the lower operating range, but the return are all bubble free. Any recommendations on the max GPM I should use for the single pool suction line? It wouldn't be for constant use, but for the priming function on the pump. I haven't had to open the pump lid, so I assume me DE issue is also still there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.