Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Exposed Aggregate Restoration

1. Back To Top    #1

Exposed Aggregate Restoration

I have exposed aggregate (EA) surrounding my pool and also my patio. I was told by someone that by doing an acid wash on my EA that I could get it looking brand new. Has anyone ever done this before? The EA is actually is great shape for being over 30 yrs old. Everyone that I have had come by to bid on pouring a new concrete section has commented on it's quality and appearance over time. He told me that the acid wash would really clean it up and "make it shine". I'm just looking for some feedback before I start the project.
    25,000 gal Plaster; Hayward 1 hp Super II; Hayward Vari-Flo XL Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Georgia

Re: Exposed Aggregate Restoration

Is a pressure washing not getting it clean?

First thing i would try is pressure washer and bleach.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

3. Back To Top    #3
    Fairfax, VA

Re: Exposed Aggregate Restoration

I used a gas powered pressure washer on my 30 year old exposed aggregate last weekend and it looks so much better! I did have to go over some sections 2 or 3 times, but it looks brand new now. I purchased a solution from Home Depot that claimed it was for cleaning concrete. I cleaned my deck upon opening while I was getting rid of algea, so I wasn't too concerned about any overspray of the solution. I've heard that bleach is a great alternative if you are concerned about overspray into the pool.
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig Heater 336K BTU, TF-100 test kit.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain