Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Gents,
Going Stenner / timer / tank. I currently have a one speed pump but will be swapping out for a variable speed in the next 6-8 months as budget allows. What is the current wisdom on which stenner / timer combo and where to buy the pump and the tank.

... I seem to recall there being a cheap tank option but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I picked up a 15 gallon blue food grade container at the local recycling plant for $5. It once had Dr.Pepper syrup but it was easily cleaned and sanatised. A single speed pump is fine, just put it on a timer to run the allotted time needed.

I am using a 15 gallon bleach tank from an industrial laundry program (my family owns a janitorial and cleaning supply company, so this was an empty from one of the customers) It is complete with the right hazmat info.

I got a 15 gallon barrel from a local car wash for $5. It was for a different use, but I'm thinking of getting another and a stenner pump as well. It had tire washing detergent residue in it so would have to be cleaned well.

OK after a few rounds in different threads trying to decide what this whole thing is going to look like I have a plan.

Replace one of the existing 104 timers with an Intermatic P1353ME to run the currently single speed pump (future B2984) and the booster for the Polaris. I'll use the other T104 in the enclosure to drive the stenner (220V). The last think I am chewing on is do I add a Plug to the wall for the stenner or hard wire it in. Thoughts?

msgtdan said:
I've read here that cutting the plug on the stenner can void the warranty. Some have suggested a pig tail.

I'll either put a surface mount plug in or void the warranty (meh). The pig tail DEFINITELY wouldn't pass code around here, the NEMA 6/15 is questionable given the distance to the water. I would probably need to put the plug 20' away from the pool which would be a stretch.

hmmmm... the pondering continues. Anyone know of a NEMA 6/15 GFCI outlet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tank solved and stenner ordered. The local independent car wash GAVE me a 20 gal (quite very nice) tank.

Everything should be in order and ready to install on Friday...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.