Slime bag on the return line?

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, new AGP owner here. The BBB method has been doing a fine job of keeping everything in check. Only problem I have so far is black silt collecting on the bottom of the pool. I think it's just too fine for the filter to collect. I was reading about the slime bag and it sounds like that might be the solution instead of just vacuuming to waste. I was thinking I could run a hose from the return outlet to the slime bag. Would that work? Is there a better way? I'm just not sure how to connect the return line to the hose. Right now it's an all factory Hayward setup with the rotating "eye" on the output. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello xray328! The Slime Bag will work fine attached to a hose as well. As long as the water if flowing through the Slime Bag, you will be on your way to cleaner pool water. The best way to attach the hose or the Slime Bag directly to your return line is to remove or unscrew the eyelet and you should then see some 1.5" threads and Bama mentioned as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.