Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slime bag on the return line?

1. Back To Top    #1

Slime bag on the return line?

Hey guys, new AGP owner here. The BBB method has been doing a fine job of keeping everything in check. Only problem I have so far is black silt collecting on the bottom of the pool. I think it's just too fine for the filter to collect. I was reading about the slime bag and it sounds like that might be the solution instead of just vacuuming to waste. I was thinking I could run a hose from the return outlet to the slime bag. Would that work? Is there a better way? I'm just not sure how to connect the return line to the hose. Right now it's an all factory Hayward setup with the rotating "eye" on the output. Help is appreciated. Thanks!
    24' AGP, 54" - 13,300 Gallons at 47".
    AquaRay Cleaner
    Hayward Swimpro Voyager Filter/2 Speed 2 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slime bag on the return line?

That return fitting will unscrew and it leaves a female 1½" NPT threaded port. You can get a threaded fitting and clamp the bag right to it and screw it in and let it catch the fines.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Great, thanks!
    AquaRay Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

There may be three pieces to the eyeball fitting so if you screw it apart and have two pieces in your hand there's one more in there.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Hello xray328! The Slime Bag will work fine attached to a hose as well. As long as the water if flowing through the Slime Bag, you will be on your way to cleaner pool water. The best way to attach the hose or the Slime Bag directly to your return line is to remove or unscrew the eyelet and you should then see some 1.5" threads and Bama mentioned as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sounds good, placing my order Friday...thanks!
    AquaRay Cleaner