Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: About to Seal Flagstone

1. Back To Top    #1

About to Seal Flagstone

Unfortunately the flagstone on my coping has been deteriorating. I've only owned the pool for a year but it was originally put in in 2007 by previous owner. Some of the pieces are really bad and some of them not so bad, interestingly enough. I'm sure I'll have to replace it shortly but hoping to get a little more life out of it.

I have bought a gallon of the DuPont StoneTech Saltwater Resistant Sealer. Anyone had any experience with this product? Application Tips? Has it/does it work?

11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: About to Seal Flagstone

I have mine sitting in the workshop still waiting for appropriate weather. Let us know how it goes...

Completed March 1, 2013. 12,500 gallon IG Lagoon Style w/swimout, walk-in steps, 15' x 30' x 3' - 5', Gunite, Wet Edge Technologies, Pebble Sheen - Northshore Tahoe, 2" Tennessee Fieldstone Coping, Belgard Country Blend Pavers, 1.5 HP Superflo, 19" Tagelus Filter, IC-20 SWCG.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sayville, NY

Re: About to Seal Flagstone

Do these sealers change the look of the stone at all? I just got a new paver patio installed and want it to last, but not sure if I seal it if it will give it the wet look or make it shiny?

I've never used any stone sealer products so I am sorry I cannot help the op.
    16 x 32 Vinyl IGP ~22000 G