Advice for stuck Epilock pole?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
So we invested in the Epilock extension pole. It is great, so light, so easy to extend and lock. A bit of a trick to remember to keep a bit of pressure on it in the chosen direction to lock it. I did have to jump in to retrieve the pole end once. Husband did also.

Problem is that now the pole has locked and cannot be unlocked. Last time this happened I was able to judge which way to turn to unlock. This time it was worked on so much prior to me getting a look-see that it is not obvious which way to try to go to unlock. The eliptical-ness seems to be wrong. Husband already used a wrench on it (not advisable IMO). After that, we tried ice on one end, boiling water on a wrapped towel on the other. Yeah, too bad the ice and heat was not prior to the wrench, I know.

Also too bad that Righty-tighty, Lefty-loosey was not being practiced as then we would be certain which way to unlock.

I am out of ideas...... does anyone have any advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.