Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice for stuck Epilock pole?

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice for stuck Epilock pole?

So we invested in the Epilock extension pole. It is great, so light, so easy to extend and lock. A bit of a trick to remember to keep a bit of pressure on it in the chosen direction to lock it. I did have to jump in to retrieve the pole end once. Husband did also.

Problem is that now the pole has locked and cannot be unlocked. Last time this happened I was able to judge which way to turn to unlock. This time it was worked on so much prior to me getting a look-see that it is not obvious which way to try to go to unlock. The eliptical-ness seems to be wrong. Husband already used a wrench on it (not advisable IMO). After that, we tried ice on one end, boiling water on a wrapped towel on the other. Yeah, too bad the ice and heat was not prior to the wrench, I know.

Also too bad that Righty-tighty, Lefty-loosey was not being practiced as then we would be certain which way to unlock.

I am out of ideas...... does anyone have any advice?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Advice for stuck Epilock pole?

Have you tried WD-40 or another penetrating oil on it? You can always take it apart and clean it off after you get it apart.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit