Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to testing water using Taylor K=2006 kit

1. Back To Top    #1

New to testing water using Taylor K=2006 kit

I am brand new to testing my pool water, I have a Taylor K-2006 kit that I just received. I have read that you can use one scoope of the R-0870 powder if the water turns pink with the first scoope....Is it really OK to use the one scoope rather than the two that the instructions tell you to do? Secondly are the scoopes level scoopes or heaping scoopes? The instructions does not day....I call them scoopes, but the insturctions calls them dippers. Any help is very much appreciated....I don't want to penny wise and pound foolish, but don't want to waste the powder either. Many thanks, John
    16100 gallon rectangle pool built in 1984 including a 5' X 5'x 3' Spa, Diamond Brite in year 2000, Non-SWG Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to testing water using Taylor K=2006 kit

Welcome to TFP!

You can use one scoop and it doesn't have to be heaping. All you need is just enough to turn the water pink.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

I've found that if you have one or two undissolved granules in the pink water before you start adding drops, you have the right amount.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

A very big thank you to both of you......now to.test the water Saturday and see what the rain has done toy pool water....thank you again, John
    16100 gallon rectangle pool built in 1984 including a 5' X 5'x 3' Spa, Diamond Brite in year 2000, Non-SWG Pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Having the same question. Thank you for the answer.