How long can pool stay clear with no filter?? Missing parts!

Re: How long can pool stay clear with no filter?? Missing pa

You don't have to connect them, just get them over the side and stabilize them there under the surface (with weights..etc.) and spread-out and pointing away from each other a much as possible. If you need extension hoses, most local stores (walmart if in season in your area, etc.) carry something that will work. Putting the pump up on top of a bench, etc. might get you the length you need?

Intel pump is on a permanent platform.about 18" high. I think I have some patio blocks left from the pool build that ought to raise it up another 8" or so. the hoses are about 5' long. maybe that will get them into the water . water level it's below skimmer level, till we get the big pump hooked up.

I looked at home depot again for an adapter to go between inTex hose and pump hose, nada.

I will try to upload pics of the hose ends.

Thanks for the pics, yes those proprietary intex adapters are a pain...I was not thinking about those :hammer: I would see if I could get your intex pump/filter higher and see if the pipes are long enough to drape into the pool. If not then I have used fernco rubber couplers to make it work in the past...not real reliable, but could work for the short time you need them.

Thanks linen! I gave up on the 1/2 HP Intex pump I have. I still had the original 1000GPH one that came with the intex pool so I rigged her up. Stirred the water enough to get some more bleach in there!

Anyway after rigging this up I used old socks with rocks in them tied to the hoses and they stayed in the water. 30 minutes later PSW called to say I have the right parts to hook up the Pentair pump after all, but the manufacturer sent all the wrong documentation! Seems they changed the orientation of the outlet on the pump and inlet on the filter, and replaced the connector hose assy with a thick pipe with 2 screw ends for this years model.

We have the Pentair pump hooked up and will test it out tomorrow; pool has to fill a little more to get into the skimmer.

And the water is still crystal clear! :-D

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.