SWG ID please

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
Trying to swap out old as dirt swg. I called hayward/goldline and they said to look for a number but i cannot see any number on this thing.

This pool shop http://www.poolsonly.com/aqua-rite-chlo ... d_315.html

told me that since cell is over 3 years i would have to get the more expensive T-15(40k gal) because the T-9(25k gal) wont work with software in controler.

my pool is 20 k gal so why should i get the T-15! are they just full of it? Thought it was going to be as simple as simple swap and plug in...

Are my hands tied, do i have to get the T-15?

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20121008_121849-1.jpg
    IMG_20121008_121849-1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20121008_121601-1.jpg
    IMG_20121008_121601-1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 55
I agree ... we generally recommend a SWG sized 1.5-3 times the size of the pool. For 20k, I would certainly have recommended the 40k cell.

I will be using the 40k cell on my 18k pool.

BTW, I am not really sure how to tell the difference in the cell ... I think it has to do with the number of plates in the cell.

Uhggg... lol So if i get the 40k i could run filter around 5 hours, the temp is around 80.

Could i just swap cell and not replace controller and be ok?

I was always told that a bigger filter pump does not mean better so i thought the same for swg...

You just have to close the contact on the flow sensor to test if it functions. Not sure why you would need a zip tie to test it.

If Hayward said you would be ok with the larger cell ... then you should be ok. I remember something about the different software and which cells were compatible with what, but do not remember the details.

BTW, what makes you think the cell is bad? Have you had it tested at a pool store?

Hasnt produced in about 4 years, been using liquid cl.
Tryed acid cell bath and had 3000 salt ppm in pool. and is balanced.
Didnt think to take it to leslys as since finding you very helpful guys i havent step foot in there store.

But ill give it a try, thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.