Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump for Waterfall

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump for Waterfall

The pump for the pool has a clear top so I can plainly see if there is debris in the strainer. I was wondering does the pump for the waterfall also have a strainer, and does it require to be cleaned out. The cover is not clear and our old pool guy never mentioned if I had to occasionally clean it out.

11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump for Waterfall

I would think that the pump for the waterfall comes in line AFTER the cartridge filter. By then the water should be clean enough that nothing would be in the strainer. Obviously it doesn't hurt to check but you should not have to regularly empty the waterfall pump strainer.
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pump for Waterfall

A Super II definitely has a pump strainer basket. How dirty it gets depends on where the suction line is plumbed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!