I apparently picked up a bottle of the Home Depot brand outdoor concentrated bleach when I picked up regular bleach (they look very similar to someone trying to hurry and beat a thunderstorm). This jug makes up to 20 gallons. Can I use this in the pool after diluting it (or just straight) or is it better not to chance it?
Also, I'm thinking I am fighting mustard algae but not sure, the water is green and very cloudy, but is holding a pretty high FC. CC has been 0.5 nearly every time I've tested the last week since I started treating, except for a couple of times it's been 1.0. Readings from this morning:
I added bleach to bring FC up to 24. When you go out to the pool you can smell the chlorine/bleach, and the readings are staying pretty high, I don't think it's been below the teens for several days. Do I just need to keep it at mustard level shock for a day, or several days, and be patient? Advice greatly appreciated! Previous algae treatments have always shown improvement within a couple of days, even though it took up to a week for the water to clear, but this time I have been shocking for a week and still not seeing much improvement yet.