Air bubbles out of return lines

May 1, 2013
Although I have read posts throughout the site with the same problem, none of them seem to be quite the same problem I am having. I have a 14,000 gal. indoor plaster pool. I am currently experiencing air bubbles coming out of the return lines and cannot figure out why. It all started when I was done vacuuming the pool. Now all of a sudden there is air coming out of the return lines. I am curious to know if anyone has any suggestions. This happened Friday and it is now Wednesday. I tried vacuuming again today, and I was unable to get any suction in the vacuum line. My pool uses a seperate vacuum line. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP.

What most likely happened was that the increased suction head from the vacuum opened and suction side leak. Do you see bubbles in the pump basket?

Can you post a pic of the equipment pad? That may help us give some pointers as to where to look first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.