How to level a pool on concrete

Mar 14, 2013
We have a change in plans and can't install the pool in it's desired location for a few seasons. I do have a huge concrete slab that we can use the pool on until then. The problem is the concrete is minimally sloped and will probably cause a 2 or 3 inch difference. I won't know exactly until I put it up and break out the rotary laser. The difference will be on the width (21 ft) of an oval steel walled pool. This is a big pool, 21 x 43.

Any ideas on leveling the pool? I'm thinking of raising the supports on something. I'm not concerned with the liner as that will need to be replaced when we move it so it just needs to last a few seasons.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: That's too much slope. The weight of the water will slowly start to pull the pool over. If you have to do it on the slab, get some screenings (crushed rock) and use it to level the concrete. You could go outside the pool perimeter by a foot or so on the low side and lay down some 2x4's to help hold the rock in place. It won't look very pretty but it will be functional.

I think that idea would work. I would even go 2 to 3 feet bigger than you need just to be on the safe side. Won't cost much more.

Just make sure you use something to hold the screenings in place or they might wash out since everything is sitting on concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I like the rock idea as I can reuse the rock once it is moved off the concrete. I also have a bunch of bricks that could support the bottom rail and posts but I'm not sure how I could taper it down to the other side.

I don't think you are understanding. Screenings are like small pea gravel with lots of rock dust mixed in. We are suggesting you put down a LAYER of screenings across the ENTIRE area your pool will cover and then extend that area a foot or so around the perimeter of your pool. This will level the surface and you can simply sweep off the screenings when you move the pool.

Thanks Dave, I got it now. I took out the laser today it it would 3" difference on the width. Luckily the length is within a quarter inch the whole way across. I'm thinking of using quarter minus gravel and keeping it contained with 2x4's. My wife isn't found of having 2x4's around the whole pool as she would prefer just the ends and lower side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.