AG, SWG, and water... questions

Apr 17, 2013
Hi all, a few weeks ago I got a new liner installed and I also installed an Intex SWG, filled the pool and added suggested salt as manual instructed. Everything seemed to be running well with recommended times. I went to test with the included 3-way strips and everything seems a bit low. What do you think? And what would I need to add? (Pool newbie/SWG newbie) Thanks in advance for all info.

Pool is 24' round, 12000 Gal.

Attachments

• pooltest.jpg
    pooltest.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 103
Welcome Remotek - have you read Pool School? Your strips don't test for CYA which is how you determine what your FC should be. Even if they did I would tell you not to trust them. LOL

Did you add CYA? (AKA Stabilizer.)

You need a good test kit... Like the TF100 or the Taylor 2006.

One of the big problems with strips is that they tell you to take the reading after some specified time has elapsed. Beyond that or before that, who knows? The other problem is wicking. The most instinctive thing to do is set the strip on the plastic chart...which caused the water to move around via surface tension and contaminate the neighbor.

We sound like a broken record - or a scratched CD is you're a youngster - but really, you need to bite the bullet and spring for a proper test kit. Proper is described in the article in Pool School. Armed with reliable test results, there's no reason you won't have clean sparkling water all season long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.