Liquid chlorine %

blownby

Apr 30, 2013
NW Ohio
Ok, I am new to the BBB concept...
Long time pool owner...

How do you know what the concentration of say Liquid Chlorox is vs the concentrate or say a store brand?

Are they required to list it?

Based on what I have read...Pool store best price for liquid is:

4 gals jugs $12.99 of 12.5% (so they say) haven't stopped in yet...
(4/12.99)/ 128*.125 nets me
or $3.25/gal of 12.5%
~.20c

Is this what I should be buying? Or can I probably do better

Welcome to tfp, blownby :wave:

$0.20/oz NaClO is pretty good. In my view anything less than 0.2 is great and anything more than 0.3 is high. The best I am usually able to get it for is ~$0.16/oz NaClO.

blownby said:
How do you know what the concentration of say Liquid Chlorox is vs the concentrate or say a store brand?
It is always listed on the bottle in my experience. If you are getting it from a pool store in bulk, they should be able to tell you what it is.

Hmm, i just looked at my chlorox and couldn't find it anywhere.
I will check a few of the local stores around. DO most of the store brand post concentration or is it an underground :) known secret around :?: here to you guys! haha :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have went to two of my local pool stores to get liquid chlorine and both of them said I was crazy for wanting un stabilized chlorine. Then the only thing they could come up with was liquid shock which was 12.5% $0.328 NaCIO. That's more than regular bleach, am I asking for the wrong thing?

Welcome and sorry I am not much help to the answer for you but others will chim in and help!

FWIW:

I just scored a case of 12.5% liquid chlorine in a case for $12. Turns out one pool store has great every day prices!
.19c for chlorine!!

Whoo Hoo

Thanks all

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.