Sharing my repair info on pool pilot Dig220

Apr 21, 2010
Parrish, FL
Pool Pilot was installed in 2003 and I moved into the house in 2009. I've had to do a few repairs and save money at the same time.
When the system quit it had bad capacitors on the main board. Replaced the 2 large caps. When they are bulging they are bad. Allot cheaper than a new board.
The age and heat wear them out. Ordered them from Digikey. That got it working again.
Next the display was hard to read. Ordered a new replacement digital display from noritake-elec. Must be the upgraded version. About $25 plus shipping. Works great.
Later on intermittent readings from Tri-sensor causing crazy readings. The connection at the sensor is a problem with these so what I
did was add solder to tin the sensor terminals. The solder creates a more solid connection when the plug is installed. I know the new versions come with the cable attached to
the Tri-sensor but I can't help but fix things. Working good again.

If someone has problems with there system maybe this info might help.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.