pool filter size

Apr 29, 2013
Hi,

We just bought a house with a pool in December. We've been trying to get things balanced and in working order. We want to buy a new filter but I'm running into a little trouble. When I search the make and model of our filter holder, it keeps showing a filter that looks like the ones we have but it's about 3 inches shorter. Could this be a problem? I'm wondering now if the one we have is even the right size. It fits in the tube where it goes, but would it matter if a new one is shorter?

We have a sta-rite posi flo 135TXR thing that holds the filter. Any help would be great on this. We feel like we just run in circles. We tried going to Leslie's but they just measured the old one and said they would have to order it, but we'd rather get it on our own and maybe save a few dollars.

Thanks,

That makes sense. The height of those say that I would need a 31 1/4 inch filter, however the 2 old ones we have are like 34 1/4 inch. So do you think I'd be okay getting the one that keeps coming up in the search and that maybe the previous owners just got too tall of a filter?

Okay the diameter of the whole filter and the hole match the ones that come up in google search. We took a picture of how high the old filter comes up compared to the housing. The one we have comes up into the dome area the shorter one would fall just below the dome in the shiny area. Should it be up in the dome area?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 51
I am glad you took a picture. I think you want the taller filter. See the drawings here: http://www.aqua-man.com/row_num.asp?Ic=9514 If you click on the stainless steel filter housing link, then find the filter for the T135TX, it turns out to be a 34 1/2 tall filter. See: http://www.aqua-man.com/row_num.asp?Ic=879 Maybe the shorter one is for the style that has a split housing at the top?

By the way, I have never ordered from that site (I know nothing about it), just using it for the pictures, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.