Fiberglass Pool Service - Ocean County NJ

TT808

Apr 27, 2013
Can someone recommend a good, HONEST, reliable pool service company that serves Ocean County New Jersey and has experience with fiberglass pools with salt generators? The company we used last year for service was not honest and charged me for service when they did not show up and continuously kept shocking my pool (when I didn't need it) and kept putting chlorine tablets in my skimmer basket even though I have a salt generator. The pool is only a year old.

I used a different company to close our pool for the winter, but now that we are ready to open, they want to dump the pool water that is on my cover into the pool and start my system up without cleaning the pool. (The cover was blown off in Hurricane Sandy so there is sand and other debris in the pool that needs to be cleaned out manually, but we were able to put the cover back on after the hurricane and it has accumulated water and other debris on it.) They were not willing to do the cleaning with the opening, just open it up and start my pump and filter up, so I told them I didn't want them to do it. I think this will damage my equipment, so I am going to pump the water off and clean the cover myself, fill the pool with fresh water to mid-skimmer level and then manually vacuum and sweep out what I can before systems are started up. I don't know how to unplug the returns, put jets back in, start up pump and filter, etc. I just called another pool company in Ocean County and they told me they only open liner pools. HELP! It appears there are not that many companies around here that are familiar with fiberglass and salt generators and they are only used to dealing with vinyl pools.

Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thank you.

Welcome.

The plugs and the "jets" as you call them just screw out and in respectively. You need to make sure the pump parts are all in place, lubed with a "magic lube" type grease on the pump lid and any Oring type unions. If you could post some pics of your equipment we can walk you through it. If everything is connected properly, plugs removed; pump plugs screwed into place, you just fill the pump basket with water and turn it on. What kind of filter do you have? With the pool equipment being so new it should be relatively simple for us to walk you through it.

You can create a signature with your specs - go to the User Control Panel, top left, then Edit Profile, then Edit signature.

Post back when you can :)

Hi neighbor. I live just north of the Ocean county border, but can't help you with a pool service. I do it all myself. Are you positive you don't want to open the pool yourself? It can be a lot of work, but we will be here to walk you through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.