Aquarite problem

Apr 30, 2013
Hi guys, hope someone here can help me out. I have not seen this particular problem discussed but perhaps I missed it somewhere. I've had my unit for 6 seasons and the only problem I've had was 2 years ago when I had to change the much discussed current limiter.

This spring about 5 days ago I took off the winter cover and fired everything up as I always do when I open the pool. When I turn on the generator everything works great for about 25-30 minutes. Voltage is 25.9 and pulling 4.44 amps. Then the unit just shuts off, voltage jumps back up and amps to zero just as though you had turned the switch off. Makes no difference whether the switch is on generating or super chlor, however the indicator lights stay on just as they do when the unit is working normally. If I turn the switch off and back on the cycle repeats every time. I know the unit is producing chlorine during the 25-30 minutes because I took a sample right from the return line and it tested for chlorine. I did try my good spare generator and it did the same thing so I assume it is somewhere in the controller.

welcome to TFP.

I seem to remember someone having a similar problem and changed the relay, but it could have been something else. You can use the Google search at the bottom left of the page to search for it and possibly help you out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.