Plumbing Question for SWG

king908

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2013
You all have been a tremendous help, and I really appreciate it.

My plumbing needs major adjusting to fit the manifold for the SWG (AutoPilot)

I was thinking about rotating my filter, and creating a big U Shape for the plumbing back to the return line.
Would this be an issue as long as I support the U?

[attachment=0:1c5wd222]PossiblyPluming.jpg[/attachment:1c5wd222]

By the time I put all the Unions on, since I don't want to keep cutting PVC for the future.

[attachment=2:1c5wd222]photo 2.JPG[/attachment:1c5wd222]

[attachment=1:1c5wd222]photo 3.JPG[/attachment:1c5wd222]

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 64
  • PossiblyPluming.jpg
    PossiblyPluming.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 64
Bama Rambler said:
If the "U" is horizontal I don't see an issue at all.

Correct, the U will be horizontal, and will be doing all 2" PVC until the return line into the ground.
Installing lots of Unions and new Jandy 3 port with Unions for the Supply Lines as well. Don't want to keep cutting PVC. Want one and done.

Call me silly, but why not just move the filter back a few inches and give yourself more room? Maybe move the entire pad to the other side of the electrical outlet and extend the suction pipe into the pump with another union.

[attachment=0:b457tunm]photo 1.JPG[/attachment:b457tunm]

jblizzle said:
Call me silly, but why not just move the filter back a few inches and give yourself more room? Maybe move the entire pad to the other side of the electrical outlet and extend the suction pipe into the pump with another union.

See sometimes simple seems good, and I wanted to do that also, but I think that will bring it to close to my neighbors fence.
Not sure if that is a code violation of 5ft off. Guess a measuring tape can't hurt.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 45
If the filter is not attached to that "paver" from that angle looks like you could just slide the filter back a bit (onto another paver of some sort) and leave the pump where it is.

That looks like way more than 5 feet to me, not sure why the filter would matter being a little closer since it does not make noise.

So I wanted to install a bunch of Unions so I don't have to have everything 100% cemented in like currently.

Below is what I am proposing to do.

[attachment=0:hkeipfsj]photounions.jpg[/attachment:hkeipfsj]

Do you think that this is to many Unions?

I wanted to have one on each of the main pipes heading into the ground. Better for future to have a union joint to re-do plumbing when needed. All I would ever need is the one side of the union.
I also wanted a union on each side of the SWG incase I needed to remove the mainfold.
And then one from the Future Jandy Valve heading into the Pump itself.

What do you all think? Thanks

Attachments

• photounions.jpg
    photounions.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 37
No need to put them on the vertical pipes.

If you are going to re-do the plumbing to the pump, I would just add one union between the new(?) Jandy valve and the front of the motor.

jblizzle said:
No need to put them on the vertical pipes.

If you are going to re-do the plumbing to the pump, I would just add one union between the new(?) Jandy valve and the front of the motor.

New Jandy Valve is sitting in the box. Going to cut out the annoying and frustrating Hayward Seized up valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.